Some students cannot continue their academic programs without access to computer hardware and stable wifi because they don't have it at home. For this reason, we are providing essential resources within the regulations set out by the Government of Ontario.
This includes very limited staff on-site – largely security and retrieval/Curbside Pickup staff – and significantly reduced seating for wifi and computer access for students who otherwise would not be able to complete their work. We are providing this access in compliance with public health guidelines.
See full details on our Library health & safety information page which contains information about COVID-19 self-assessments and other health and safety measures. Students, staff, librarians, and faculty members coming to any U of T-owned or operated property, including the libraries, must complete a COVID-19 health screening self-assessment before visiting (U of T News, Oct 26, 2020).
- Floors 1 – 5 offer a limited number of seats and workstations
- Spaces are available on a first-come, first-served basis
- Signage indicates which seats and tables are available
- Work stations and tables without chairs should not be used
- Reduced hours are in operation
- Entrance / exit to Robarts Library is from the St. George Street-side 1st floor doors only
- Users must scan their TCards to enter the building
- The libraries remain committed to accessibility for patrons with disabilities during this time
- Accessible entrances, washrooms, and study spaces are, or may be made available
- If you have any accommodation needs or concerns please contact the Library Accessibility Office, or the library you plan to visit directly.
- Since the Robarts Reflection Room is currently unavailable, reflection space is available on the 4th floor
- Starbucks is open for take-out
Not currently available
- Group study rooms in the Robarts Library building are not available.
- All books stacks remain closed in compliance with our HathiTrust Emergency Temporary Access Service
- LIRA workstations and study space for visitors are not currently available
Gerstein Science Information Centre
- The main floor offers a limited number of seats and computer workstations, available on a first-come, first-served basis
- Open to current U of T students, staff, and faculty only
- Access by TCard.
- Reflection space is available in the George Connell Space on the main floor
- LIRA workstations and study space for visitors are not available
- More information about Gerstein's seating
Bora Laskin Law Library
Library access is for law students and law faculty only.
Library access is for music students and music faculty only.
Other St George campus libraries
Some other libraries may be offering limited seating, often for their faculties only. Check individual library websites.
University of Toronto at Mississauga Library
More details on the UTM library website.
University of Toronto Scarborough Campus Library
––Last updated January 7, 2021