The elevators on the first floor (P1–P3) will take you to the stacks during open hours. The stacks are closed during Robarts' extended hours.
Once you get to the right floor, look at the labeled ends of each shelf row to find the section that has your item.
AC–AZ | B–BX | C–CT | D | Oversize
DA–DX | E | F–FC | Reference
G–GV | H–HX | J–JZ | K–KZD
L–LT | N–NX | P–PM
PN–PT | TR,TT | U–UH | V–VM | Z–ZA
More about finding books in the stacks
Find an available computer and log on with your UTORid. Library borrowers with an active membership obtained through Reader Registration may also access computers in the stacks. All of our computers have Microsoft Office except those that only access the library catalogue.
- Floors 9–13 contain group study rooms on each floor
- They are named: Harbord, Sussex, St. George – see adjacent map
- Four of the rooms on each floor – shown as named rooms on the map – can be booked in advance.
Bookable group study rooms are also available in Robarts Common.
Robarts storage (B2)
- Old Class collection
Exception: Selected Old class journals, which are in the BLUE section on the 9th floor, ranges 6–1
- Old Class Oversize
Exception: Old Class journals, which are in the BLUE section on the 9th floor, range 14
- Select call numbers marked as "STORAGE"
Request items from Robarts storage through the library catalogue or at the Loans Services Desk on the 1st floor, since only library staff have access to this area.
- All Oversize LC class material is located on the 9th floor, on flat shelving in ranges 15–48 of the BLUE section
- Some oversize Old Class journals are located on flat shelving in range 14 of the BLUE section
- Book "dummies" in the stacks identify items that have been moved to the oversize section
- Current Periodicals are located in the 3rd floor Reading Room
- These items are for in-library use only
- All reference material is located on the 10th floor opposite the elevators
- These items are for in-library use only and are marked REF on the spine
Updated August 31, 2023