Current U of T students, faculty, and staff may access the Robarts Library book stacks with a valid University of Toronto TCard. Stacks access is not available for alumni or external borrowers.
The elevators on the first floor (P1–P3) will take you to the stacks during open hours. The stacks are closed during Robarts' extended hours.
Once you get to the right floor, look at the labeled ends of each shelf row to find the section that has your item.
AC–AZ | B–BX | C–CT | D | Oversize
DA–DX | E | F–FC
G–GV | H–HX | J–JZ | K–KZD
L–LT | M–MT | N–NX | P–PM
PN–PT | TR,TT | U–UH | V–VM | Z–ZA
More about finding books in the stacks
All of our computers have Microsoft Office except those that only access the library catalogue.
Connect to the UofT wireless network on your laptop or mobile device.with your UTORid.
[Services below not currently available for alumni, external borrowers, or members of the public.]
- Anyone with stack access can use our LIRA workstations
- Direct borrowers can log in to any computer in the stacks with:
- Username: $ then the library number printed on your card (ex. $29184749)
- Your library PIN number
- Visitors with a short-term visitors stack pass can log in to any computer with the guest account issued at the 1st floor Information Desk
- Faculty, staff, and students from other universities can join the eduroam wireless network if your university subscribes
- Floors 9–13 contain group study rooms on each floor
- They are named: Harbord, Sussex, St. George – see adjacent map
- Four of the rooms on each floor – shown as named rooms on the map – can be booked in advance
- Fall 2021: Only 2 persons may be present in a group study room
Robarts storage (B2)
- Old Class collection
Exception: Selected Old class journals, which are in the BLUE section on the 9th floor, ranges 6–1
- Old Class Oversize
Exception: Old Class journals, which are in the BLUE section on the 9th floor, range 14
- Select call numbers marked as "STORAGE"
Request items from Robarts storage through the library catalogue or at the Loans Services Desk on the 1st floor, since only library staff have access to this area.
- All Oversize LC class material is located on the 9th floor, on flat shelving in ranges 15–48 of the BLUE section
- Some oversize Old Class journals are located on flat shelving in range 14 of the BLUE section
- Book "dummies" in the stacks identify items that have been moved to the oversize section
–Updated January 19, 2022