Robarts Library and Robarts Common
Fall/Winter hours (September 5, 2023 - April 30, 2024)
- Monday - Friday: 8:30am - 11:00pm
- Saturday: 9:00am - 10:00pm
- Sunday: 10:00am - 10:00pm
University Closure Period
During the university closure period, Robarts Library will be open 9:00am - 5:00pm on the following days:
- December 21 - December 23, 2023
- December 27 - December 30, 2023
- January 3 - January 7, 2024
Robarts Common will be closed during this time. Regular hours for Robarts Library and Robarts Common resume Monday, January 8, 2024.
All libraries are closed on the following dates:
- December 24-26 and 31, 2023
- January 1-2, 2024 (New Year's Day)
- March 29, 2024 (Good Friday)
Robarts Common Extended Study Hours
- Monday-Thursday: 11:00pm – 8:30am
- Sunday: 10:00pm – 8:30am
From December 10 - 20, 2023 Robarts Library will also be open until 2:00am Sunday - Thursday.
University Closure Period
There are no extended study hours from December 20, 2023 - January 7, 2024.
130 St. George St.
Toronto, Ontario M5S 1A5
Services, libraries and space in Robarts Library
Robarts book stacks Guide to floors 9-13
Robarts storage: material housed in storage can be requested through the library catalogue.
- Remote/Ask Us Services
- Carrel services
- Course reserves
- Eating areas
- Extended Study Hours, Robarts Common
- Family Study Space
- Food Services in Robarts cafeteria, 2nd floor
- Light therapy lamps
- Quiet & silent zones
- Reader Registration Desk
- Reflection Room
- Technology accessory loans
Libraries and spaces
- East Asian Library – Cheng Yu Tung
- Government Information
- Information Commons
- Map and Data Library
- Media Commons – Audiovisual, Media Archives, Microform
- Petro Jacyk Central & East European Resource Centre
- Richard Charles Lee Canada-Hong Kong Library
- Robarts Common
- Thomas Fisher Rare Book Library
- U of T Archives & Record Management Services (UTARMS)
Arts, Humanities and social sciences, Government information
Group Study RoomsBook a Study Room
All currently registered U of T students can use these rooms for academic purposes or other University-related projects.
Bookable rooms include group study rooms in the new Robarts Common wing, which can be booked via the booking button.
Booking policies and codes of conduct are viewable when you log into the booking system.
Floors 2 – 5 contain 8 study rooms each.
Room capacity ranges from 3 –10 people per room
Ground floor has 5 rooms which hold up to 8 people.
5th floor has 4 rooms which hold up to 8 people
Each of floors 9-13 have 4 rooms (Sussex 1, Sussex 2, St. George 3, and St. George 4) which hold up to 5 people.
Robarts Library & Robarts Common
Robarts Library: 5 group study rooms on the ground floor, 2 rooms on the 3rd floor in the Media Commons, and 4 group study rooms on each stacks floor (9–13) can be booked in advance. All others are first come, first served.
Robarts Common: 8 group study rooms on each of floors 2 – 5. Capacity ranges from 3 to 10 students per room. Bookable through the same 'Book a Room' button.
- Wireless connectivity.
- Ground floor rooms include TV monitors.
- HDMI cables loans are available from the Course Reserves desk located in the Media Commons Library on the 3rd floor.
- A TV screen
- An HDMI connector
- A USB connector
- USB charging ports
- Dimmable lighting